A New Toy (Not a Bike!) – 25th January
After a fair bit of research on the subject, and a trip to Currys/PC World, where I encountered probably one of the worst informed ‘Camera Salesmen’ I finally went for the Panasonic DMC-FT4, a camera with some great features. There are however several I just don’t really see the point of….
1. GPS (Ok, for some people maybe it’s nice to know where the photo was taken, but I usually know where I am)
2. Compass (Ok so if you know where the photo was taken I guess some people may want to know in what direction)
3. Altimeter (So you need to know the height at which it was taken…. Mmmm, come on now)
4. Barometer (What? Why would you need to know barometric pressure, and the changes over the last 24 hours! )
5. Water Depth (So you know how deep you were when you took the underwater photo!)
I’ve only had a bit of time to play with it, but already I’m quite impressed.
As I type the barometric pressure is 985hPa and has been falling, I’m at 240m above sea level, facing south. My Lat/ Long co-ordinates are N 52’15’46.88 W 1’10’34.06…..