10 days off the bike! – 27th March
Yep, 10 days off the bike!
A combination of cold horrible weather and an infection in my gum after having the tooth out made venturing out on two wheels a big no no.
I thought the first ride after the lay off would be tough, but the legs felt fresh. It was bloody cold mind, but the snow drifts down some of the lanes made getting out there well worthwhile. Shame I didn’t take my camera and had to use my phone.
Today was a spin out on the new Ribble R872 road bike to Lump’s place to pick up a bag I left in his car after the Antur Stiniog weekend, and the last chance to make sure it’s setup right before the Easter weekend in Wales.
It’s going to a busy weekend of riding, the rough schedule looks like this
- Friday – Big Road Ride (70-80 miles ish)
- Saturday – Big Natural Off-road ride (Maybe from Machynlleth to Nant-Yr-Arian and back)
- Sunday – Trail centre day at Coed Y Brenin
- Sunday Night – Hopefully a night ride up in the Dyfi Forest, taking in some of the Cli-Machx trail
- Monday – Dyfi Forest and the whole of the Cli-Machx trail (this was scheduled in for GTers coming over…. if anyone can be arsed…. we’ll see)
After that I’ll need a weekend off the bike….. oh, Sara’s booked flights to Barcelona…. Woo Hoo! That’ll do!